Birth Control - Choosing a method that's best for you
Before you have sex, talk with your partner about birth control. There are many types of birth control methods, so make sure you and your partner are both comfortable with the one you choose. The more you both know, the more you can share the responsibility and make it work.
When choosing a method of birth control, ask yourself these questions:
- Will it protect you from pregnancy AND STIs?
- How comfortable and easy is it to use?
- Are there side effects?
- Can you get it when you need it?
- How often do you have sex?
- Do you have more than one partner?
Just know that apart from abstinence, no method of birth control is 100% effective.